Phie Phie's Blog

Monday, December 03, 2007

Smithsonian station~ museums & memorials


Wanted to take a look at the museums and memorials in DC so I checked online and found most of the museums and memorials are located at this station.

This is really a very beautiful place, it is very much different from the picture because the picture shows only a small part of each area. This place is huge! Very beautiful..... The weather is so cold this morning!
The picture on the left is the National Air and Space museum.

Setting up the xmas tree..... this car is cute right????

The National museum of the American Indian on the left.

The US Botanic Garden.

The US Capitol!

National Gallery of Art.

Outdoor ice skating! WOOoooo can imagine how cold is it in DC right?

National gallery of art sculpture garden ~ when I walked pass this house, I thought there's something wrong with my eyes, I kind of saw it "moving"! I stared at it for a while then realised its an effect. I took a pamphlet that provide details on the sculpture and found that this house is named "House I" designed by Roy Lichtenstein. He is best known for pop paintings. "House I" exploits the illusionistic effects of a third dimension. The side of the house at once projects toward the viewer while appearing to recede into space.
It's amazing!

I spent about one and half hour touring this place. I didnt go into any museums because I think I dont know how to appreciate the arts and paintings and stuff hahaha.... I went Pentagon City to have lunch at about 1230hrs.
I had thai beef noodles... yummy! I finished up the soup! Its nice to have hot soup when the weather is so cold!


Uhmmmm bought a dress... and bought a pair of shoes again! Heeeeee....

Dress for the little girls..... so nice but its too thick to wear it in Singapore.

Reached home at about 1730hrs and prepared dinner. Tonight had the "hot pot mix" again heee very easy to prepare! Delicious, hot and spicy! GOOD!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Hit Counters