Phie Phie's Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2007

SATURDAY ~ shopping day! Day 22 in DC...


Don't think you see bright sun means that the weather is warm! WOW, today was really freezing!!!!! My toes and fingers were all numb when I get home!

Today my plan was to visit the ~ EASTERN MARKET! (there are vendors, mainly farmers, selling fruits and vegetables! I found this place online...)

I went to the other side of the road initially but it just don't seems right so I turned back and finally found some signage....

Went in to the flea market, it sells a lot of handmade accessories, clothings, oraments, bags....

There is a container just after the flea market. I went in to take a look, it sells ~ meats, seafood, fruits and vegetables, flowers, pasta.... many types of raw and cooked foods! It's like HEAVEN!!! There are many varieties of foods!


PORK ah...... FISH ah....... WAHHHHHhhhhhh


These pictures were taken outside along the street. There are many stalls along the street as well.

There is this particular shop that sells organic products.

After Eastern Market, I went to a place recommended by a nurse that I knew in one of the ward. She knows I love to cook hence she recommended me a BIG SUPERMARKET in Clarendon.... blah blah road..... actually I dont remember what she said but remember the mart sounds something like "whole sale or whole food".... though it's vague, I decided to try my luck!

Again, I went to a wrong direction and found the street rather quiet.... I told myself not many people on the street means nothing much along the road. Hence, I turned and walk backwards to another direction. I saw some nice buildings from far so I headed on. The nice building is a mall...

This mall is so nice.... and opposite the mall is "WHOLE FOODS"!

Whole foods is really a big supermarket.... I love it! I found ladies finger over there ahhahhhahaha so happy so I bought a small packet of it (he vegetables are more expensive than the meats, so I always get very little of each vegetables). I bought some potato chips as well! ;)
It was 430pm and it's time to go home! The sky was turning dark soon.......

The weather was SOOOOooo cold so it reminds me of HOTPOT again! Hahaha this afternoon I bought a spicy sauce (made in China) from Eastern market. It is actually a dipped sauce but when I opened it, it smells so good! It smells so "MALA", so I added to the pot of soup and made a "Mala hotpot"! WAHhhhhh smells very good!

I bought another bottle of oyster sauce, uhmmm I eat it like no body business uh????????!?!!!!!?!? Its cheaper at the Eastern market so I HAVE to buy another bottle! Heee all in all, I spent about USD30 today and I have got a fresh fish, one dozen big clams, 2 packet of chips, chicken wings, oyster sauce, spicy sauce, spring onions, china vegetables, baby brocolli, shitake mushrooms, ladies finger, golden mushrooms (so ex, USD2.99 but first time I see it here so I bought), brussel spouts, prawns... I think that's about all. I felt very contented!

One big pot of "mala hotpot"... it's big pot but mainly vegetables. It taste great when goes with the "special dipped sauce"!

Wahhh I added a lot of the spicy sauce, it was so SPICY and "MALA"! After a while my tongue got numbed and I teared! hahahahahahhahhaaaaaa

I finished the whole pot but I saved the leftover soup in the fridge. I knew I will want to eat it again!

3 Comments:

  • This flea market got sell raw food one? Cool man!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

  • yeah cool, i like the place!

    By Blogger Phie Phie, at 11:21 AM  

  • I FIRST visited your blog on 23 Nov 2007 Fri after being told by Yvonne the day before. Yes, indeed more pictures and news updates over there. Not yet go into detail....will do so now and then when I am `FREE'...when we Singaporeans said `FREE'....you know what I mean......Yes....`FREE'. This is my FIRST comment in your blog. Trying out. Auntie Ee Lin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Hit Counters