Phie Phie's Blog

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Day 33 in DC ~ MY LUCKY DAY!

I requested to post to the Medstar since the first week and finally I get a chance to follow them today and probably up till Friday!
I was looking forward to today but I lazed on the bed till almost late for work!
On my way to work, it was drizzling, in my heart I was thinking "No umbrella never mind, later I will just run to the shuttle!"
As I walked out of the lift, I walked fast towards the shuttle. I realised the rain was VERY VISIBLE and it stucked on my jacket. I took a clear look and I saw THIS


SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought everyone says it will not SNOW?!?!?!?!?!??! I was really so lucky to be able to see!
It was BEAUTIFUL!!!! No other words to describe, just simply
BEAUTIFUL!



Surprisingly, it was not as cold as I thought. The strong wind is much much cooler than snowing. I have checked out the weather channel, the snow will only last a day. Tomorrow I wont be able to see... Everyone was talking about the snow today because it was rather rare to snow this early in DC and remember I mentioned they said DC seldom snow! Heeee I am really lucky! Anyway, at least once is enough though I wish there are more days for me to see and feel it!


The Medstar patient's room........ I have filled up the form to fly and hopefully I will get to fly with them tomorrow! ;) *That's my WISH*


Another lucky incident that happened today was my "long waited lunch"! I have seen one of the ward nurse packed this weeks ago and I wanted to try it so much because it looks very CHEESY! I went to the cafeteria many times but they didnt sell it on those days that I went. FINALLY..... I saw it today! I queued for almost 10mins for it. I dont know what is it called but it is something like tortilla wrap (they dont call it taco though). I ordered "everything" in it, which consists of mushrooms, chicken, cheese, tomato, green pepper, onions, green chilli, salsa. You can also have selective on any of the above. They are very generous with the ingredients and I was SO FULL! It cost only USD3.50. I will try it again next Wednesday!



Snow in the hospital...... and the pictures below were the snow near home....





The houses and park near my apartment...


Playing the snow like a little kid....

LITTLE SNOW MAN hahahaa

3 Comments:

  • SNOW!!!!!
    YAY!!!!

    Your snowman... wearing cap isit? What's the thing on it's head? Hee.

    Ms Kwek called Bee Geok. Said she's coming to speak to me cm in the ward... about my HMDP. Well... I wonder what news she's bringing since she's walking all the way over to see me...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 PM  

  • ai ya u know me so well, dont have to ask right???? hee yeah, cap. its very difficult to make leh actually, i wonder how people make the big snow man, really not easy one!
    wahh u so big shot hahaha i want to see her that time must go to her! hahaha should be giving u some choices of hospital i guess. or else will be what u want, ask u whether u want to go or not coz cannot find hospital hahaahah but i think that is fat hope lah!

    By Blogger Phie Phie, at 8:53 AM  

  • Ya... since she's coming to see me, I think it's nothing good. Nevermind. See what she gotto say lah.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Hit Counters