Phie Phie's Blog

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Acupuncture

Today finally went to seek treatment for my De Quervain's Tenosynovitis. The pain has worsen recently and it's now both wrist. Sigh... I feel OT does not really help because I have to be very consistent in doing the exercise that they taught me and also follow up with them once a week. I dont always have the time to go for the appointment. Each appointment takes about an hour so it's hard for me to go either in the morning or afternoon.
No choice but I defaulted treatment and went to one of the sinsei that my friend recommended. I am always very afraid of needles but this time I really have no choice. I feel the pain is getting worst. I trusted my friend since she tried it and it seems this sinsei is quite famous.
When I reached there, the female sinsei knows straight what is my diagnosis. Same as what the OT said, it is common among mothers which is called the "mothers' hand syndrome". She started with giving the thumb a pull then followed by the rest of the fingers. Wow, it indeed loosen the tension a little but the pain was a shock to me! She then took out a blade and some needles. She started to slit around the wrist (that was what I felt coz I just dont dare to look) then I felt some poking pain then there was a strong suction at the wrist. Some blood were being sucked out from there then when everything was over there was a bump. Lastly the wrist was being bandage up.
The left hand she only did the pulling because she was afraid that I cannot do much at work. She will do the left hand on Fri after I removed the right hand bandage. I hope I can recover from it.....

1 Comments:

  • Sound very scary lei... blade and needled... eeeeeeeeeee....

    By Blogger Elaine, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Hit Counters