Phie Phie's Blog

Monday, February 25, 2008

Lucky... not so lucky after all...


Had lunch with dad before work. We had kampong chicken at Tiong Bahru. It was a great lunch! Half a chicken with rice cost only $12.
I stepped into my ICU and the first sentence I heard was "Hey, this afternoon 3 staff!"..... What's new? Nothing new.
We took over 5 patients and 3 coming in soon. I was very lucky, out of the 3, one acute patient supposed to come in went to the other ICU instead. Another one supposed to do cardioversion was cancelled. Lastly the last patient (post ESI) does not need to come in.
Fortunately I was not so lucky after all. Later in the evening, we took in 3 other patients. 1 elective PTCA needs isolation (not our case actually), 1 post op bleeding (also not our case, it's a lodger) the last one was STEMI (our case but refused intervention).
The three of us work and work and work....... it was torturing. Imagine the initially 3 patients came in with this additional 3 patients, there will be a total of 6 patients for us to admit. Maybe I will pretend to throw fits so that I can get out of the workplace!
It has been like this so often, cant someone think of a solution? Each shift is of minimal staff and out of this minimal they are taking staff away from us. Very tired and sick of this.

Luckily I cooked "everything mix" to bring to work and this was my dinner. I just came home and had a bowl of soup uhmmmmm winter melon with dried scallops. It's nice to have a bowl of hot soup after a tiring day at work.

2 Comments:

  • I really miss soup lor!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM  

  • yeah, there very difficult, no ingredients to cook soup, have to make do with those chowder lor.

    By Blogger Phie Phie, at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Hit Counters